Who doesn’t love to play games? Yes, almost everyone! and don’t you think, encountering an error while playing your favourite game is completely annoying and something that pisses you off. Yes! absolutely and Call of Duty Dev error 6034 is one of them that most of the players are facing.
As Call of Duty introduced Warzone and Modern Warfare, it came up with a major bug i.e., COD Dev error 6034. But there is nothing to worry about and it can be resolved easily if we know about it. But before going ahead with the solution, let us know what causes it.
What are the Main Reasons Behind Call of Duty Warzone Dev Error 6034?
There is no specific reason why it happens in some of the computers and nor there is any official announcement of Dev Error 6034 by the Activision support.
Since this error is occurring in both Warzone and Modern Warfare, we came up with some of the reasons that are most possibly would be causing it. Some of the factors that could be causing this error has been discussed below:
Call of Duty Warzone and Modern Warfare Random Error
It’s been observed most of the players are encountering Error 6034 because of the random bug in the COD Modern Warfare game that’s causing game client malfunction.
Keeping your system refreshed is the easiest and best way to fix random bugs. So, if you ever encounter such error codes then make sure to reboot your PC and you are all set.
Corrupt Game Files
Corrupted game files could be one of the reasons behind Call of Duty Dev Error 6034 in Warzone or Modern Warfare game.
This can generally happen due to plenty of reasons out of which third-party app interference could be one of them which may lead to malfunction or games crashing without a basis for reason. Updating the game or your windows OS also leads game files to get corrupted.
So, Scanning and repairing your game files could be an efficacious way to fix the error codes you are encountering in Warzone and Modern Warfare.
Running Outdated GPU Drivers
If you are experiencing trouble while playing games then running outdated graphics card drivers could be one of the reasons. So, if you don’t want these errors to become interrupted while playing games then keep updating your GPU drivers from time to time.
If you know then, by default AMD graphics card or NVIDIA keep drivers update in the background. If you want to play games without any hassle then you can also check for new drivers manually if it’s needed to do so or you are confronting the COD Dev error 6034.
How to Resolve Call of Duty Dev Error 6034 on Windows?
You can fix the Dev error 6034 on the COD Warzone or Modern Warfare very efficiently on Windows, all you have to do is to follow the steps mentioned below:
Solution 1: By Restarting Call of Duty Warzone
In this step, you just need to close the game, load it again and restart the game. Restarting your Warzone or Modern Warfare game is one of the best and simplest ways to resolve the error 6034.
Solution 2: Rebooting your PC
Sometimes, restarting your PC could help you to troubleshoot the COD Modern Warfare Dev error 6034. You can go for this step if this error doesn’t get fixed by restarting the game.
Solution 3: Updating Game
In most cases, using an older version of the game becomes a problem for game lovers, so it’s very important to keep your game updated.
Solution 4: Updating Windows 10
Updating Windows OS sort out the Call of Duty Dev error 6034. Follow the steps below to update Windows 10:
- Click on the Windows Start button > Settings icon.
- In the Windows Settings app, click on the Update & Security option.
- Go to the Windows Update tab and click on the Check for updates button.
- Now, Windows will search for a new update.
- If there is a new update available for your system, then install it on your PC.
Solution 5: Updating GPU Drivers
As discussed above, running outdated GPU drivers could be one of the major reason that gives rise to the gaming issues like COD Warzone or Modern Warfare Dev error. So, make sure that GPU drivers are always updated, otherwise, you will keep on facing such errors in the future as well.
Check for the following driver’s updates:
- NVIDIA Driver updates
- AMD Driver updates
To update the GPU drivers of your computer, follow the instructions below:
- Click on the Start button. Type Device Manager in the search box.
- Then click on Device Manager from the list of results.
- In the Device Manager window, click on the driver category.
- Right-click on the device name and select the Update driver option.
- On the next window, click on the Search automatically for updated device software.
- Now, wait for Windows to automatically update your device driver.
- Once the device driver is updated, restart your computer.
Solution 6: Scanning and Repairing Game Files
If none of the above methods helped you out to resolve COD Dev error 6034, then you are left with the only option i.e., repairing game files.
We will let you know how to do that, just follow the steps below:
- Open the Blizzard client or Battle.net.
- Choose the game that you want to repair.
- Click on the drop-down arrow near the Options, just below the COD Modern Warfare.
- Click on the Scan and Repair option.
- Then, click on Begin Scan.
Solution 7: Resolve Dev Error 6034 by Deleting Files Manually
You can delete the files manually if the automated method didn’t work for you to fix the corrupted COD game files.
Let’s know how to perform it:
- First of all, go to the folder for Call of Duty: Warzone or Modern Warfare
- Delete the following files in the install directory:
- Modern Warfare Launcher.exe
Solution 8: Reset the Graphics Settings
You can also try this way out to fix this error. Resetting your graphics settings to their default setting can help you out to sort this issue.
Solution 9: By Closing Unwanted Applications Running in Background
In most cases, running unwanted applications in the background may lead to major issues while playing games, so make sure to close such applications to play games without any hassle.
How to Troubleshoot Xbox and PS 4/5 Dev Error 6034 Bug in Modern Warfare and Warzone?
If you think that COD Warzone or Modern Warfare Dev error 6034 happens only on Windows, then think about it again because there are few more platforms where players encounter this gaming error such as XBOX and PS 4/5. So, let’s dive into it to know a little more about it.
Dev error 6034 is a kind of obstacle that will not let you play in Warzone or Modern Warfare without any interruption. So, it becomes very important for game lovers to fix this issue. Let’s dig deeper to know how to resolve Call of Duty Dev error 6034 in XBOX and PS 4/5.
- First of all, launch Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare.
- Select Options from the main menu.
- Go to the General tab.
- Then, go to the bottom of the page and select Game Installs.
- Make sure the “Multilayer Pack” is installed. The second one.
- Install the following packs:
- The first, middle, and final multiplayer packs.
- Spec Ops and Multiplayer Compatibility Pack
- The final Multiplayer Pack
- Select the packs you wish to uninstall:
- Data Pack 1 – needed for access to Multiplayer, Spec Ops, and Campaign.
- Multiplayer Pack 2 – needed to play Multiplayer
- Special Ops Pack – needed to play Special Ops
- Survival Pack – needed to play Special Ops Survival
- Special Ops Pack 2 – needed to play Special Ops
- Campaign Pack 1 ( For Xbox only) – needed to play Campaign
- Multiplayer Pack (For Xbox only) – needed to play Multiplayer
- Campaign Pack 2 (For Xbox only) – needed to play Campaign
- Select Uninstall.
- Then select Confirm.
Hopefully, the above methods will help you out to fix Call of Duty Dev error 6034 in the Warzone and Modern Warfare game and you will be able to enjoy your favourite game without any inconvenience.
If you have any queries or suggestions then do let us know in the comment section below, we’ll get back to you soon. For more such guides and articles stay connected with GeeksVisual.
Nishtha is one of the passionate authors at Geeksvisual.com. She is an information technology professional along with a passion for content writing, digital marketing, and other related stuff. Apart from this, she is also an online game enthusiast which adds a bonus point to her skills.